I entered a "scrapbook challenge" for the first time ever....we'll see how it goes. I used a collage print so they could see the die cut album in one photo...but it doesn't show up as a thumbprint. That will be bad if no one sees it..or good if they're curiosity forces them to click on it and see a even bigger better pic...










A Fantastic mini album. I love the papers you have used. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Pixels and Paper at your first callenge entry ever. You have done a fantastic job.
ReplyDeleteThe photos looks great, but I would love to read a bit more about your paper project :) and it might be a bit helpful for your guest readers if you add what challenge you are entering so they can have a look at the challeng blog too
As you can see I am not yet proficient in Blogging.. I have a very nice Moore Heart Scrapbooking page on Facebook and a very active group under “Crafters with Moore Heart”. But I am new to the blog and I am having a difficult time getting pictures and info into the right layout. Never the less to answer your questions: The project started with a die-cut barn shaped album purchased on line from Want2Scrap.com. Each page is first covered completely with scrapbook paper, and fully glued end to end glue. I have used glue stick for this step because of the consistent thickness and full coverage. The excess paper is cut away by following the contour of the page with an Excto knife. Once each page is covered on both sides the outer edge is sanded to give it a finished appearance and insure no loose paper will get damaged in using the mini album.
ReplyDeletePaper for this project was selected from multiple manufactures and it never occurred to me to keep track of them. Each was selected for its “farm theme”. Some for their farms scenes as noted and others for the farm textures: straw, rope, etc. After completing the mini album the pages were titled with “E-I-E-I-O” the name of a farm animal. Pictures of my grandson grace each page and cover his growth stages of his first year. Embellishments are all stickers to keep a low profile and not interfere with the operation of the album. My grandson Liam was the inspiration for the album. Almost from birth the song Old MacDonald’s Farm was his favorite…if he was crying and anyone started singing it, the tears instantaneously stopped. The song was such a significant part of his first year, that his Mother choose it as the theme for his first birthday and I gifted the book to him on this special day. The book has since had the rings dressed with tied red & green ribbons. There is one last picture to be put in place on the back of the album and that is of Liam posed at this party in his bid overalls and plaid shirt.
OMGosh Rita , you surely have done a great job explainig about your mini album, this is fantastic. Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteRita, I love your explanation of how you did your photo montage/ mini album pages and the beautiful reason and story that went with it. A truly delightful memory keeper for your grandson. Thank you for joining us at Pixels and Paper for this challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous artwork. Cheers, Di
ReplyDeleteThis is certainly a wonderful memory for your grandson. You have put in so much love and care into making him his special gift. Please do come back and show us more of your work in future challenges.
ReplyDelete